Saturday, June 18, 2011

Cheap Thrills

Since I have everything I really need for my baby and I'm stuck staying pretty close to home, I'm constantly looking for tasks that will keep me busy, and this weekend I rediscovered something I love.

Several years ago, I was feeling artistic and decided to color a picture with some old crayons I found in my room. I then decided to turn that picture into a painting, and the rest is history. I love to paint.

Unfortunately, I hadn't painted in quite a while. Art supplies really only take up space in a dorm room, and I just never had the time. But now it seems I've got all the time in the world- at least, up until my princess decides to vacate the womb.

Last night, I pulled a large, blank canvas out from under my bed and started sketching. Now, it's my slowly becoming my masterpiece. I'm completely enthralled with this particular painting. I think it's because it will belong to my daughter.

Your options for entertainment are limited when you don't have money to blow, an able body or the ability to go far from home. I've been moaning and groaning for weeks because I'm so ready for this baby to come out. Now I'm hoping she stays in there just long enough for me to finish this painting.

I just have one fear: What am I going to do with myself when I finish the last brush stroke?!

No comments:

Post a Comment