Monday, May 23, 2011

Pregnant Weekends

This weekend, I went to Roy's hometown of Lawrenceburg, KY for some fresh air. I'm a city girl through and through, but I have to admit that I enjoy spending time somewhere a little...greener.


One thing you definitely can't do in the city is walk out into the backyard and fire a gun. I was a little scared at first because the last thing I wanted was an aching shoulder on top of all my other sore body parts, but Roy insisted I would be fine.

I was better than fine. Aside from not being prepared for the loud popping noise that accompanies a .22, I loved every minute of the practice and had a paper target full of holes to prove it. We went out the next day as well, and the only thing hindering my enjoyment was the swarm of mosquitos drawn to my engorged blood vessels. If only I had mad enough skills to shoot those little monsters right out of the air...


Yesterday I went with Roy's mom to a farm in Shelbyville to pick strawberries. The weather hasn't been good enough to go out and pick them, but we did wander around the flower houses for a while and pick out some beautiful blooms. On top of that, I befriended a farm cat with the shortest little legs I've ever seen on a grown feline. I spend so much time at home on my laptop or running errands or working on some sort of indoor task. I know my life will be drastically different quite soon and I'll be doing everything I can to keep up with a demanding infant. I appreciated the chance to slow down and go outside.



The weekend before, I went to my first baby shower ever. A handful of mine and Roy's friends showed up in Lexington for a "Baby-que." Cute, right? I think the pictures do a lot of the talking.






















I thought nothing could be more fun than opening presents for a baby, but allow me to present onesie decorating-













If you've never seen a grown man decorate an infant's clothing, you're missing out. After some pouting (bullying) from yours truly, we got most of the gentlemen guests to test out their artistic skills.



As someone who had never even been to a baby shower before, I must say this was a great success. I have another baby shower coming up this weekend with my close friends from high school and family. I know, I'm a lucky girl.

Side note: I apologize for the odd spacing in this post. I did everything I could think of to fix it, but I suspect Blogger is just being tricky.






No comments:

Post a Comment